Community

Join the #1 online community of all-inclusive resort enthusiasts today, where you can connect with both experts and travelers alike and get answers to all of your all-inclusive questions quickly.
A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Print sp_TopicIcon
Booking notice
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
January 9, 2017
10:18 am
Lois

I've been told by my employer that I have to take some of my vacation time before the end of February this year. Is it possible to book time at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun on short notice?

January 9, 2017
11:09 am
Admin
Forum Posts: 71
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Lois,

Great question! The answer is yes - short notice is not a problem!

As long as a resort has an open room, you can book it right up to the day before .........your bigger issue will be getting airfare.

Although most flights I've been on recently have been fully sold and even oversold (which is a regular occurrence - for many flights there are sometimes a couple of passengers who don't make it, due to mis-connects or other reasons, and airlines want their flights to leave as full as possible), there have been some with open seats.

So I'd suggest first checking to see if you can find flights with open seats.  By calling the airline directly you can often put a seat or two on hold for 24 hours without needing to pay for it (yet).....that option isn't always available online.

Then get on the phone with a good travel agent who can check the availability at a few resorts for you that are in your budget, and when you find one that you like, pull the trigger on booking both the room and your flights on hold.

Given that your plans coincide with 'spring break' at many US high schools and universities, you may want to ask your travel agent to find you a resort with a 'no spring breakers' policy (some resorts don't allow multiple adults under the age of 25 to book rooms together).  While families with high-school aged or younger kids are not usually a problem, vacationing at a resort that is filled with college students can be.

Good luck! 

Trisha is the Editor-in-Chief at Travel Writers Exchange - The online community for travel writers, bloggers, and journalists.

Like fine wines and delectable cuisines, the experience of travel should be savored, shared, and remembered.
January 12, 2017
4:19 pm
Lois

I was able to book my flight and my stay in Cancun for the end of January. Thanks for the reply.