American Airlines launched a mobile app to make international travel easier for its customers. It sounds promising.
First, this mobile ‘wellness wallet’ app, VeriFLY, is built on Daon’s identity assurance technology. American Airlines collaborated with Daon to help travelers understand COVID-19 testing and documentation requirements for their destination and to streamline airport check-in by verifying that customers completed the requirements.
According to Robert Isom, President of American Airlines, “the app will help us deliver a more seamless travel experience as we support demand return and put customers’ minds at ease that they are fully prepared for their trip.”
More about VeriFLY
- VeriFLY is a mobile wellness wallet that allows real-time verification of COVID-related credentials, such as diagnostic lab test results, right on your smartphone.
- The app trial simplifies verification of test results
- Customers traveling to Montego Bay (MBJ) and Kingston (KIN), Jamaica, from or connecting through Miami (MIA) will have the opportunity to test the new solution at no cost by creating a secure profile and confirming details for their trip beginning Nov. 18
- Prior to travel – customers create a secure profile on their mobile device and confirm details about their trip
- Flight information
- Negative COVID-19 test (must fulfill destinations requirements)
- Required documentation for travel to their destination
- As travelers verify each required element for travel, the app verifies that the customer’s data matches a country’s requirements and displays a “pass” or “fail” message.
On the day of travel and upon arrival at Miami International Airport, customers using VeriFLY will receive an expedited entry lane for testing verification in the North Terminal. All they’ll need to do is show the “pass” validation on the app. This does sound like it will simplify check-in.
This is still a trial period and American is working with several countries to streamline the process at the destination airport, which could mean an expedited verification process at both ends of travel. AA does plan to expand the VeriFLY app to more markets in the near future.