Looking for topless all-inclusive resorts?
Finding all-inclusive resorts where topless sunbathing is allowed isn’t as easy as it sounds — in some places (such as family resorts that cater to a largely North American clientele) it’s frowned upon, or even actively discouraged….
…in other places (such as all public beaches in Mexico) it’s outright illegal, although enforcement is inconsistent. Many resorts in the Caribbean (those that are more European than English) allow topless or nude sunbathing, but very few of them are all-inclusive resorts.
But you’re in luck! We’ve done the research for you, and most importantly, we’ll keep our list current. You’re welcome.
So without further ado, here’s our carefully curated list of the best all-inclusive resorts for topless sunbathing. Some resorts have private or semi-private areas for topless (or even nude) sunbathing, other resorts are partially or totally clothing-optional.
Best All Inclusive Resorts for Topless Sunbathing:
Topless Resorts in Mexico:
- Check PricesTemptation Cancun (Cancun, Mexico) – Editor’s Choice for ‘Best Mexican Resort to go Topless”. The recently-remodeled Temptation is an adults-only resort with a young-ish crowd (mostly late-twenties to mid-forties, with the occasional younger or older), and three pools (‘fun’, ‘sports’, and ‘quiet’) all of which allow topless sunbathing (but not full-on nudity!). Very fun, party atmosphere, lots of activities, and a sexy vibe. Update: See below for deets on Temptation Cruises!
- Check PricesHard Rock Riviera Maya (Riviera Maya, Mexico) – At the far north end of the the Hard Rock Riviera Maya resort is the ‘adults only’ part of the complex, appropriately called “Heaven”, where you’ll find a beach (“Eden” beach) where you can sunbathe topless. It’s in a private lagoon area and includes an over-the-water gazebo, a huge jacuzzi, a bar, and while there’s no separate restaurant, they do offer beach service and will bring you anything you like from their bar/beverage/food menu.
- Check PricesIberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso (Playa del Carmen, Mexico) – The Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso is chic, elegant, and 5-star luxury all the way. It’s adults only, so topless sunbathing is permitted around the pool, but not on the beach, (because the beach is part of the Iberostar Complex that includes several family resorts). They do play music at the pool, but overall it’s a more relaxed atmosphere, much less of a party-crowd than you’ll find at other all-inclusive resorts.
- Check PricesBreathless Riviera Cancun (Riviera Maya, Mexico) – This is a brand-new, ultra-contemporary chic resort (526 rooms) that’s just a 15 minute drive from the Cancun airport. Featuring three distinct and unique sections – the xhale club section for those seeking an elevated level of personal service and luxury (with an exclusive pool), the energy center for those looking to mix & mingle (with a social pool) and the xcelerate Party Zone for those who live and breathe for the party (with yes, a ‘party’ pool). Topless sunbathing is allowed at one pool (the party pool, natch) and on the beach.
- Check PricesBreathless Cabo San Lucas (Los Cabos, Mexico) – Because Breathless Cabo San Lucas is a smaller resort, it doesn’t have the usual theatre with a stage, nor the Las Vegas-style evening shows that many larger resorts do, BUT Breathless is known for their rockin’ parties, wild events, and sexy theme nights (such as Toga Party night, Lingerie & Black Light party, or Gatsby Night), along with DJs and dance entertainment, and offers an ever-changing schedule of fun activities…. be sure to check the calendar before your trip so you can pack accordingly! Oh, and YES you can sunbathe topless at one of their two heated pools.
- Check PricesGrand Sens Cancun by Oasis (Cancun, Mexico) – We recently discovered this resort thanks to input from a reader (thanks Lorna!) and here’s a warning: reviews are decidedly ‘mixed’, some love it and some hate it, but we’re including it because YES you can sunbathe topless at the Grand Sens. With a fun, romantic, and sexy vibe throughout – from its Casino to a Cabaret-style evening show to a ‘kinky’ night club – this resort is all about adding a healthy dose of sensual pleasure along with your usual vacation relaxation. For topless sunbathing there’s a secluded topless-optional pool called the Cloud 9 Zone, but we recommend booking the Sian Ka’an room category to get the most luxury amenities included. PLEASE NOTE: The Grand Sens Cancun is an adults-only property owned by Oasis Resorts but is NOT the same resort as Grand Oasis Cancun, which is a family resort.
Topless Resorts in Jamaica:
- Check PricesCouples Negril (Negril, Jamaica) AND
- Check PricesCouples Sans Souci (Ocho Rios, Jamaica) AND
- Check PricesCouples Swept Away (Negril, Jamaica) AND
- Check PricesCouples Tower Isle (Ocho Rios, Jamaica) – Each of the Couples Resorts has an area designated for topless (but not nude) sunbathing (see below for information on their au natural areas). At Couples Negril, Sans Souci, and Swept Away, you can sunbathe topless on their main beach, and at Couples Tower Isle you can sunbathe topless at the end of the pier off the main beach. Aside from their au natural areas (see below), topless sunbathing is not permitted anywhere else.
- Check PricesSandals Royal Caribbean Resort (Montego Bay, Jamaica) – While Sandals does NOT allow topless or nude sunbathing at its resorts, two of their resorts (Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Royal Bahamian) DO have a just-offshore private island where topless and/or nude sunbathing IS allowed. Both islands feature a pool with a swim-up bar and grille and a restaurant for evening dining (clothing IS required in the restaurant and their dress code applies). You can get to the island via complimentary transportation (their boat) or you can kayak on your own (they’re very close!).
- [NEW!!] Check PricesBahia Principe Luxury Runaway Bay – this is the “adults only” section of the Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay complex (the “Grand” is their family section), and they do have an au naturel section of beach (adults-only, ages 18+) for those who want to sunbathe topless or nude. The resort itself gets mixed reviews so do your research before booking, but in our previous trips, the “Luxury” section of the Bahia Principe brand has always been a great experience…. I think the past year, in which the global pandemic mostly shut down tourism, has been tough on everyone in this industry, so it’s not surprising if quality suffered for a time, but I believe that Bahia will work hard to bring their reputation back to where it belongs, so don’t let some 2020 or early 2021 reviews scare you away, pay closer attention to those that are more recent. I’m certainly looking forward to a visit when Covid travel restrictions ease up!
Topless Resorts in Bahamas
- Check PricesSandals Royal Bahamian Resort (Nassau, Bahamas) – Like its Jamaica cousin, Sandals Royal Bahamian does not allow topless or nude sunbathing at its resort, BUT it does have a just-offshore private island where topless and/or nude sunbathing is allowed, and the island features a pool with a swim-up bar and grille and a restaurant for evening dining (clothing IS required in the restaurant and their dress code applies). You can get to the island via complimentary transportation (their boat) or you can kayak on your own.
COMING SOON! Topless Resorts in the Dominican Republic
- Check PricesTemptation Miches – Anticipated to open in October 2022, this brand-new and uber-hip resort will feel very familiar to fans of Temptation Cancun, as it features the same super-sexy atmosphere, adult playrooms, naughty entertainment, and topless-optional pools and jacuzzi along with gourmet cuisine and a stunning beach (please note: nudity on the beaches of the DR is not allowed).
- Check PricesTemptation Grand Miches – Also anticipated to open in October 2022, the Temptation Grand Miches is smaller and more intimate, but a bit more upscale and romantic than its sister resort (Temptation Miches), and is for “couples only” (no singles allowed). You can expect the same high level of exquisite cuisine and luxurious accommodations, facilities, and amenities, but it’s important to note that at the Temptation Grand Miches, the pool and jacuzzi are fully clothing-optional, not just topless, but you still must have on a swimsuit at the beach, nudity of any sort is not allowed on beaches in the DR.
Topless Cruises? Yes indeed!
- If you love Temptation Resorts (who doesn’t?) but *also* love cruising, we’ve got great news…Temptation Resorts now does cruises! Check out their upcoming Check PricesCaribbean Cruise (February 2023). Guaranteed to be an exciting week-long party, some of their ‘cruise-only’ features include an R-Rated Red Room, Spicy Workshops, Naughty Nighttime Pool Parties, and a Guest DJ line-up for some rockin’ evening entertainment. And yes – unlike many standard cruises, a Temptation Cruise includes a deluxe beverage package and three dining venues plus a cafe, so it’s definitely all-inclusive.
- For those interested in stepping up to a fully clothing-optional cruise, scroll all the way down for details on Check PricesDesire Resorts Cruises.
As I’ve said, you *may* be able to get away with sunbathing topless in a lot of places, but these resorts will NOT send someone running to ask you to put your top on…..we guarantee it!
And be sure to scroll down for the Best All Inclusive Resorts that are ‘clothing optional’ – ideal if you want no tan lines at all!
BONUS: Best All Inclusive Resorts for Nude Sunbathing
- Check PricesCouples Negril (Negril, Jamaica) AND
- Check PricesCouples Sans Souci (Ocho Rios, Jamaica) AND
- Check PricesCouples Tower Isle (Ocho Rios, Jamaica) – Each of these three Couples Resorts has a small, semi-private area dedicated to au natural (nude) sunbathing (in the case of Couples Tower Isle it’s a small private island located just off-shore with free and frequent ferry service), and both Tower Isle and Sans Souci feature some basic amenities such as restroom facilities, a bar, and a beach grille in their au natural areas. At Couples Negril their au natural beach is separated from the main beach by a hedge and has a bar but no other facilities on the nude side, so if you want to fetch a snack or use the restroom you’ll have to suit-up. Nude sunbathing is not permitted in nor around any of the resorts’ swimming pools, main beach, or other areas.
It’s important to note that for all three Couples Resorts their au natural areas are for couples only – no singles allowed (basically you and your spouse must go together, or not at all), AND you must disrobe completely – it’s go nude or go home….no looky-loos!
- Check PricesDesire Pearl (Riviera Maya, Mexico) AND
- Check PricesDesire Resort & Spa (Puerto Morelos, Mexico) – Both Desire Resorts also made our “Editors’ Choice” list for Best Mexican Resort to go Topless, but you need to know that both are not only adults-only clothing-optional resorts, they’re also strictly for couples only — no singles allowed. Clothing is required in restaurants, but elsewhere on the resorts total nudity is not only acceptable but is actively encouraged – as with many clothing-optional resorts, guests do not appreciate the ‘looky-loos’, so don’t go if you’re not prepared to disrobe. Average age of guests (at both) is early-thirties to late-forties, with a few younger or older couples. The resorts are both very elegant and upscale, with gourmet cuisine. It could have been a fluke of timing but I found the vibe at Desire Pearl to be a tad quieter and relaxed, whereas at Desire Riviera Maya things seemed a bit more party-like and active. I like a fun, party atmosphere, but I know a lot of others prefer less noise and activity.
- Check PricesHidden Beach (Riviera Maya, Mexico) – Hidden Beach is a smallish, but elegant nude resort that, unlike many categorized as ‘clothing-optional’, is actually all-nude, all the time…… beach, pool, restaurant, nightclub …..they even have an evening at the Spa (shared with sister-resort El Dorado Seaside Suites) that can be enjoyed nude (guests from Seaside are warned that they will likely encounter nudists at the Spa during that time). Hidden Beach is for nudists, not lifestylers (aka ‘swingers’), and the average age of guests (at least while I was there, and I’m told it’s typical) is early-forties to late-sixties….with the occasional younger or older couple.
- Check PricesGrand Lido Negril (Negril, Jamaica) – Fans of the former Grand Lido Negril (a very popular destination with the au naturel crowd) will be thrilled with this built-from-the-ground up brand new – albeit much smaller – Grand Lido Negril. This clothing-optional all-inclusive resort has a private pool with a pool bar and grill, impressively elegant rooms (26 of them, all with a gorgeous ocean view), premium Butler Service and 24-hour room service, and includes access to the next-door resort Royalton Negril and Hideaway at Royalton Negril, where you’ll find a wide array of restaurants and bars, a full-service Spa and Fitness Center. It’s important to note that there is no beach at the new Grand Lido Negril, and please also note that while the rooms, pool, and private areas at Grand Lido Negril are clothing-optional, use of the facilities and services of Royalton Negril and Hideaway at Royalton Negril do require clothing.
- [NEW!!] Check PricesBahia Principe Luxury Runaway Bay (Runaway Bay, Jamaica) – the “Luxury” is the “adults only” section of the Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay complex (the “Grand” is their family section), and they do have an au naturel section of beach (adults-only, ages 18+) for those who want to sunbathe topless or totally nude. The resort itself gets mixed reviews so do your research before booking, but in our previous trips, the “Luxury” section of the Bahia Principe brand has always been a great experience…. I think the past year, in which the global pandemic mostly shut down tourism, has been tough on everyone in this industry so it’s not surprising if quality suffered for a time, but I believe that Bahia will work hard to bring their reputation back to where it belongs, so don’t let some 2020 or early 2021 reviews scare you away, pay closer attention to those that are more recent. I’m certainly looking forward to a visit when Covid travel restrictions ease up!
- Check PricesHedonism II (Negril, Jamaica) – Even with Hedo’s wild reputation, it still has a “semi-prude” section (clothing optional, which means there may very well be nudists there too) as well as it’s world-famous “totally nude” section, where you can sunbathe topless or au naturel at the pool, however the beach on that side of the resort is ‘nude-required’. There are signs that tell you which side you are entering and leaving. Each section (nude and prude) has it’s own building (rooms), pool & swim-up bar. Even though there is a ‘clothing-optional’ section (where you may remain clothed), I’d advise you not to go if full-on nudity makes you uncomfortable …. although restaurants DO require diners to be clothed, it really just means ‘barely covered’, and you may see someone who is nude approach to check out the menu or inquire about seating…also, occasionally denizens of the ‘nude’ side escape and run amok, particularly after a few drinks.
Important Note: Hedo II is regularly booked by Lifestyle groups (aka “swingers”) who take most of the resort — if swinging isn’t your thing, just be sure to check with your travel agent before you book to avoid those weeks.
- EDITOR’S NOTE: CLUB ORIENT IS STILL closed following extensive damage from Hurricane Irma, however they have recently announced that plans to rebuild are finally getting started….but no expected re-opening date yet – we will update this as soon as they re-open. Club Orient is NOT an all-inclusive resort, BUT it is a beautiful family-friendly clothing-optional resort located on the most famous nude beach in the Caribbean, and it does offer an all-inclusive, clothing-optional day cruise. Given it’s gorgeous location (one of the most beautiful white-sand beaches in the French West Indies), at Club Orient you’ll find a typically European relaxed vibe, and entire families enjoying the fab weather (year-round average temps of 85 degrees) and crystal clear ocean in the buff.
- Bonus! – while not exactly ‘resorts’, the company behind Desire Resorts also does Check Pricesclothing-optional cruises – Squeeee! They offer week-long, all-inclusive, excursion-filled, clothing-optional trips to exciting destinations – such as Lisbon, Rome, Rio de Janeiro, and the Greek Isles! These cruises are on beautiful but smaller ships (not the mega 3000-passenger behemoths!) which are ideally suited for more intimate gatherings. And just like at their resorts, you’ll find designated clothing-optional areas, a private playroom, and Desire’s own signature elements such as adult-oriented entertainment, provocative theme nights, and seductive activities, along with world-class amenities and all-inclusive gourmet dining (at four all-inclusive dining venues, plus round-the-clock room service).