Avoid panic & prepare for a smooth check-in/out
Want a smooth check-in?
Before you go:
- Call or email the Hotel to confirm your reservation a few days before you leave.
- Make a copy of your reservation (& send a copy to your smartphone).
- Book a flight that arrives early in the morning…..the Early Bird gets the room.
When you arrive – what to do if they don’t have your reservation?
- Hit record on your smartphone.
- Show your copy of your reservation.
- Politely ask to speak to the Front Desk Manager.
- Do not get cranky or abrupt. Just be politely firm.
- The Front Desk Manager can solve your situation.
What if your room is not ready?
- Use this time to book tours, have a bite to eat, or grab your swimsuit & hit the pool or beach.
At check-out, avoid panic, and watch for:
- Fees that are not yours (they put a charge on the wrong room number at the Spa or gift shop).
- Misc Resort fees – these are dangerous and you should know that in advance.
- Applying any Resort Credit discounts.
Hope this helps…..
Want to read more of Jake’s Tips? » Jake’s Tips