How to Pitch a Topic
- Step 1: Look through this list of Topics below – these are working titles for articles we WANT and is representative of the TYPE of content we are looking for. If you don’t see a topic you want to write about in this list, but have an idea for a different topic that is in keeping with our editorial style and current content, you may pitch that instead but please understand there is no guarantee your pitch will be accepted.
- Step 2: Whether choosing one of our topics or pitching your own, use the Form below the list to request to write about your selected topic. If you want to write about more than one topic (up to 2 at any one time, per our Article Guidelines – paragraph 9) then please submit your requests separately (one topic per form submission).
PLEASE NOTE: Only ‘Open’ topics will be available to select from on the form, but a status of ‘pitched’, ‘assigned’, or ‘in progress’ is not a guarantee that the submitted article will be accepted and published, so if a topic you want to write about is not ‘open’ but is still on the list, feel free to check back to see if it becomes ‘open’ again.
Open = This topic is available to be written about.
Pitched = Someone has requested to write about this topic, not yet assigned.
Assigned = Someone’s pitch has been accepted and the topic assigned, not yet written.
In Progress = The topic is in the writing/editing stage but is not yet accepted for publication.
If an article that is In Progress is accepted for publication it will be removed from this list. If it is rejected, it will return to the list as ‘Open’.
Current Topics List
Hover over any Post Title to see the Editorial Notes for that Topic (if any).
- Post Title
- Min Word Count
- An All Inclusive for $29 a night?:
- Best All Inclusives with Jet Skis:
- Booking Early vs. Last Minute – Which is Better?: Pros and cons of both booking early and waiting until the last minute, a couple of tips for each situation (e.g. if you book early what to do if the price goes down). NOTE this requires insider knowledge of travel booking, best for author who is also in the travel industry or with close friends in the travel business.
- Calling Home – How to Not Get Gouged: Methods to stay in touch while on vacation that won't triple your cell phone bill. See also Editorial Comments section.
- Cheap Airfare? How, What, Where to Look: A 'how to' with specific actionable tips for finding the lowest airfare. Must include links to external sites and detail why those are good sites to use.
- Ready to Buy? Resorts with the Best Payment & Cancel Policies: "Best" is defined as lowest deposit required and least penalty fees applied if cancelled.
- Those Mysterious Resort “Credits” Explained: It’s Not What You Think: A number of AI resorts now offer 'resort credits' - this post should explain what they are, how they can be used, and what to watch out for (e.g. taxes, limitations, etc.)
Topic Submission Form
You must be LOGGED IN to submit a pitch for a topic.Lost Your Password?
You will be remain on the current page after logging in.