Jewelry, roses, lingerie, and champagne are fabulous gifts for Valentine’s Day. But….nothing compares to time spent together especially when it’s in a tropical locale.
So while you may or may not be ready to travel this Valentine’s Day we wanted you to have a list of the Best All Inclusive Resorts for a Valentine’s Day Getaway, whether it’s in February or another time this year. And we’ve included one in the U.S. just in case you’re ready to get on the road with the love of your life.
A Valentine’s Day Romantic Getaway – Let’s Begin!
Couples Swept AwayCheck PricesCouples Swept Away is the place for that laid back island vibe and is on one of the world’s best beaches, Negril’s Seven Mile Beach – perfect for a Valentine’s Day Romantic Getaway.
- Breakfast in Bed – yes, please! How much more romantic can you get?!
- You’ll be singing “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” because that’s the vibe you’ll get all day long from the staff.
- Be sure to check out the Snorkeling excursion where everything included!
- And, walk hand in hand as you head out on the Sunset Catamaran Cruise.
Romantic Tip: Make new memories with the private candle-lit dinner on the beach and under the stars. The dinner includes Couples private label wine and three courses of island-inspired cuisine. (Cost is $200 per couple – Friday is the only evening this isn’t offered).
Excellence El Carmen, Dominican RepublicCheck PricesExcellence El Carmen is the place for a a calm vibe and romantic getaway along the lovely palm tree stretch of golden sand beach.
- Seclusion – check! You’ll find it here at Uvero Alto Beach.
- There are plenty of palapas on the beach as well as the pool.
- Stellar service – the staff is uber-attentive.
- Hydrotherapy circuit with bubble beds – a relaxing activity to enjoy together.
- And, if you want to do some yoga by the beach to connect with each other (and your inner zen) – you’ve got it here!
Romantic Tip: Consider the two-story suite with the private rooftop terrace and plunge pool. Yes, please!
Best All Inclusives for Romance
Palafitos at El Dorado Maroma, Mexico
First, the Check PricesPalafitos at El Dorado Maroma are on one of the top 10 beaches in the world and these all-inclusive overwater bungalows say Romantic Getaway from the moment you arrive.
- Privacy and a unique experience in your very own bungalow.
- Experience glass floors at the Check PricesPalafitos at El Dorado Maroma – you can see an array of fish both day or night.
- You can enjoy your romantic getaway and never leave the Palafitos – there’s a restaurant, spa and room service.
- Enjoy the painted sky for sunsets from your own private deck or go for a swim in your private infinity pool – what could be more romantic than that?!
Romantic Tip: Enjoy a couples massage at the overwater Náay Spa and then later on, go to the Grill & Wine Bar, which has two glass-floor dining rooms and glorious views of the sea.
Sandals South Coast, JamaicaCheck PricesSandals South Coast is the place with those beautiful heart-shaped Over Water Bungalows and they now have new Rondoval Suites. The perfect Romantic Getaway!
- This more secluded Sandals Resort is about 90-minutes from Montego Bay Airport via a new picturesque road. Anticipation is making me wait by Carly Simon comes to mind!
- Rondoval Suites or Overwater Bungalows? Tough decision, but one or the other will inspire romance!
- The South Coast property in and of itself is a haven due to its location and the new Swim-up Rondoval Suites also have Private Plunge Pools, and a Tranquility Soaking Tub (for two).
- Thinking about renewing your vows or getting married? Sandals South Coast also has a romantic Over-the-Water Serenity Wedding Chapel.
- As the late Butch Stewart used to say, “Love Is All You Need.”
Romantic Tip: Well, it’s got to be the Heart Shaped Overwater Bungalows – something to consider if you’ve been cooped up for months and want to enjoy the expansive ocean all around you. Here’s another romantic tip – a private candlelight dinner under the stars at one of the gazebos on the pier overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
The Caves Hotel, JamaicaCheck PricesThe Caves Hotel, a unique adults-only hotel with an artsy vibe, is on a cliffside overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
- You’ll enjoy the colorful rooms that have a boho-tropical feel.
- Embrace a romantic evening with private dining in the cave by the sea – it’s a must for Valentine’s Day or any day.
- Consider the One Bedroom Blue Hole View Suite. It’s charming, romantic and spacious. And…..what makes this special is the enclosed verandah as it opens right onto the Blue Hole, which is a natural opening in a cave that leads to the sea below.
Romantic Tip: Check out The Caves’ Aveda Spa for a candlelight couples massage in the cave.
Cap Maison, St. LuciaCheck PricesCap Maison Resort & Spa, is a family owned and managed boutique property, and located on a secluded beach known locally as Smugglers Cove.
- Cap Maison is on the northern tip of St. Lucia offering garden view rooms, 1-to-3-bedroom villa suites and the private cliff-top Saman House overlooking the Caribbean.
- This resort is also known as a foodie destination with two restaurants including the award-winning Cliff at Cap and the casual Naked Fisherman on the beach.
- We also love its unique Rock Mason, a unique venue for a Valentine’s Day romantic getaway (or any getaway) and they’ll even zip-line a bottle of champagne down to you.
- Consider a duo cooking class led by their chef and this also includes a market tour where you’ll source local ingredients for your meal.
Romantic Tip: After a night of ooh la la, consider Cap Maison’s Private Sea View Champagne Breakfast in the morning under the Gazebo with views of Martinique.
Marquis Los Cabos, MexicoCheck PricesMarquis Los Cabos is the place for a quite adults-only vacation with an intimate and relaxed vibe.
- This beachfront resort is great for sunbathing and is located in the ‘Corridor’ between Los Cabos International Airport and Cabo San Lucas.
- Romantic in-suite dining offered 24/7.
- Linger at the infinity pool for the romantic sunset views.
- Chef Thierry Dufour’s signature restaurant, Canto Del Mar, offers an artful experience with food and wine pairings over several courses.
Romantic Tip: Consider the Casitas – they’re huge and come with either a plunge pool or a rooftop pool and sundeck. Romantic Bliss!
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Our list of all inclusive Valentine’s Day packages wouldn’t be complete without Check PricesValentin Imperial Riviera Maya (and no, we’re not missing an ‘e’).
- Sits on stunning Playa del Secreto (no longer a secret!)
- A 5-star, adults only all inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean near Mayan ruins, tropical jungles, and sought after sacred cenotes
- Only 25-minutes from Cancun airport, where flights are plentiful
- Go to the dinner show with Cirque du Soleil
- So much to do or just be and enjoy the sunset over the Nichupte Lagoon
This resort’s main pool is one of the largest pools in Riviera Maya and even made Fodor’s 10 Best Hotel Pools in Riviera Maya – so, yeah, there’s that! There’s also the Silver Pool for guests seeking a calm and relaxing space (that would be me!), and the Golden “lazy river” pool – go for the hammock service!
You might want to consider this all-inclusive resort in Florida if you want to stay in the United States.
Bungalows Key Largo, FloridaCheck PricesBungalows Key Largo is a romantic adults-only resort in the Florida Keys with a Caribbean island vibe – you can even drive to this one! A Valentine’s Day Romantic Getaway right here in the USA.
- From the Sunset Pool to the Zen Pool – you’ll be relaxing in no time.
- Consider a yoga class on the beach or on a paddleboard.
- Thinking about eloping (shh…we won’t tell). You can experience a destination wedding with an island vibe and no passports required!
- To-do: Floating on one of the tiki boats with your love on the calm bay (additional fee).
- Go diving and share the depths of your love in the 3rd largest reef system in the world (additional fee).
- Zen Garden Spa – So beautiful! Check out the Himalayan salt treatment room.
Romantic Tip: Cocktails in the the Hemingway Bar followed by an intimate dinner at Bogie & Bacall’s – just thinking about them has romance written all over this idea. Note that even though this is an all-inclusive resort, Bogie & Bacall’s isn’t included and this experience is $300 per two adults.
Happy Valentine’s Day!