If Costa Rica has been on your mind you’ll soon be able to travel to this eco-friendly paradise.
What are the Requirements to enter Costa Rica?
- All visitors must fill out the Health Pass form.
- Present the PCR/COVID test with a negative result, which must have been taken within 72 hours of travel.
- Medical Insurance – Either international or you can purchase in Costa Rica.
You must have a policy that covers COVID – so for international insurance policies you must request a certification from your insurance company that verifies the following three conditions:
- Effectiveness of the policy during your visit.
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand United States Dollars).
- Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic.
Visitors must comply to all requirements for entry.
In addition, arriving visitors must wear Check Pricesprotective face masks and comply with all protocols of the air terminal such as physical distancing, temperature readings, and any other sanitary instructions.
Private flights from the U.S. have been allowed since September 1 with the same requirements per above. BUT – if the arriving flight is from a state or country that is not authorized, they must receive the approval from the Ministry of Health. Of course, this will change as of November 1st when all states in America will be welcomed (as long as all goes well).
The Land of Pura Vida