Calling all divemasters and newbies!
It’s time for some open water dives so grab your bootie and your buddy as we dive into the resorts that you, Our Community, chose as the Best All Inclusive Dive Resorts.
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Located on a gorgeous stretch of soft-sand beach in beautiful Playa del Carmen, the Check PricesValentin Imperial Riviera Maya is an tranquil, adults-only oasis…you won’t find raucous parties (like the Foam Party at RIU) but you will find plenty of zen to soak up and contemplate while you’re enjoying some of the best diving off the coast of Mexico.
- Divers will love that Barrakuda Scuba is located onsite, taking divers to some of the best dive locations around Cozumel (a short boat-ride away).
- The Dive Shop’s location also makes it simple to get certified if you’re not already, or to complete your open-water dive.
- The Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya is well-known for a high level of service and pampering as well as their elegantly comfortable upscale rooms.
- There’s plenty of dining options, which you’ll be grateful for after a day of diving – nothing stimulates the appetite like being in the water all day!
Beaches Resort, Turks and Caicos
Few scuba dive locations in the world can compete with the crystal-clear and warm waters off Turks & Caicos, and few resorts can beat Check PricesBeaches Turks & Caicos for offering something-for-everyone family-style fun and STILL be a great Caribbean dive location.
- Beaches (and Sandals) Resorts have the LARGEST PADI-certified scuba dive fleet in the world.
- They put more people in the water than any other dive company for FREE.
- Get instruction & equipment for dives up to 40 feet.
- Diving dreams come true with reefs, shipwrecks, and underwater caves.
- Beaches is on Grace Bay – one of the best beaches in the world!
- Non-divers (and kiddos) will be content as there’s also a 45,000 square-foot waterpark.
Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma, Bahamas
- Adults-only Check PricesSandals Emerald Bay is secluded and on a gorgeous mile-long stretch of beach and clear turquoise water.
- New to diving? Do the PADI Discover Experience – it’s s a three-hour intro-course. Bucket list – ✔.
- Post-diving pleasure with a lively & intimate setting, gourmet dining at 11 restaurants, 6 bars and entertainment.
- November to May is the best time for advanced scuba diving.
- This area is also known for Caribbean reef sharks, nurse sharks, Bahama sea stars, whales, and green turtles. Oh my!
- Kayaking, windsurfing, paddleboards or golf for those non-dive days.
- Take a well-being day with spa treatments, yoga, Pilates, plunge pools and secluded relaxation areas at Red Lane Spa.
Dreams Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino
- Check PricesDreams Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino is a midsize resort with two beautiful white sand beaches.
- Both a National Geographic and PADI-Certified in-house dive center. Very cool.
- Curacao is also known for its colorful buildings in Willemstad … and yes, shopping! There’s also a daily shuttle to get there.
- We like the easy shore access to dive sites and the coral reefs, sunken ships, and incredible sea life.
- Off property dives: Boat dive to the Superior Producer, one of the best Caribbean dives.
- Or – Playa Kalki, known as Alice in Wonderland, for lobsters, colorful reef fish and more (only 40-minutes from Dreams).
Anthony’s Key Resort, Roatan, Honduras
- Check PricesAnthony's Key – THE legendary dive resort!
- The real deal for serious divers and still plenty to enjoy for non-divers along with an attentive (and fun) team!
- Diving and a digital detox – no phones, no tv, no stress. And plenty of dives, reefs, and wrecks.
- Overwater bungalows? Yes, please! And there are options – hillside and key side – all are comfortable, intimate, and have the island vibe you want.
- Stay the week and you can dive to your heart’s content with three dives per day, two-night dives per week, and more.
- Traveling with a non-diver? No problem! Kayaking, stand-up paddle boating, and a tranquil locale will make everyone happy.
- Solar panels now bring renewable energy to the resort! We love their dedication to sustainability.
Fiesta Americana Cozumel, Mexico
- Check PricesFiesta Americana Cozumel has a boutique-resort vibe with all of the amenities of a larger modern resort with a friendly & attentive staff.
- Going with friends? The Imperial Suite with a Private Pool has three bedrooms and plenty of space for post-diving fun.
- Oceanfront and you’ll have to cross the street to get to the beach and diving center, but the diving will be worth it.
- Eagle rays, turtles, sharks and an abundance of marine life.
- Less than 10-minutes from Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park with more diving, an eco-archeological tour, and more.
- Non-diver? No problem – plenty to do with snorkeling, tennis, beach activities, and Spa Na’Ha (also has a sensory experience).
- If you’re looking for something nature-focused with access to diving, the Explorean (sister-property) is directly behind Fiesta Americana.
Anse Chastenet, St. Lucia
- Tropical, lush, uniquely colorful Check PricesAnse Chastanet is in the heart of St. Lucia’s BEST scuba diving and surrounded by a marine reserve.
- Scuba St. Lucia at Anse Chastanet offers both beach and boat, dives and all dives are guided by an instructor or divemaster.
- Octopus, turtles, moray eels, parrotfish, and sea horses! Wondrous marine life.
- Reconnect with your inner child at one of two open-air treehouses (cooking classes, too).
- Off property adventures: Sulphur Springs, Diamond Waterfall and Mineral Baths, the Rain Forest, and hiking at the Pitons.
- Non-dive days of hiking, biking, yoga, and beach-time at either or both of their two beaches.
- Spa day at Kai Belte for relaxation and unique treatments.
Margaritaville Beach Resort, Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
- Check PricesMargaritaville Playa Flamingo offers daily morning diving to Islas Catalinas and other nearby sites. Afternoons are best for snorkeling.
- Quiet beach setting with plenty to do
- Family-friendly with a contemporary vibe.
- Pacific diving – close to Islas Catalinas where you’ll see giant manta rays, dolphins, angelfish, spotted eagle rays and perhaps barracuda.
- The best scuba diving conditions are from May to November for this Pacific destination.
- PADI certified divemasters and instructors and there’s a course for those new to diving.
- Costa Rica is known for its natural beauty and adventure. Consider close-by Las Baulas National Marine Park to see the leatherback turtles.
- Post-diving fun….head to the Rooftop bar for stunning sunset views or OnZen Spa for some more R&R.
Divi Flamingo, Bonaire
- Lush, colorful, and tropical Check PricesDivi Flamingo is close to the airport so you’ll be relaxing in no time at all.
- Divi Dive has a PADI 5-star dive shop with five boats.
- Bonaire is known for shore diving and you have access to the house reef just steps away from your room.
- Boat dives from here are offered twice per day. Tanks, weights, and belts – all included.
- Everyone is required to do an orientation dive from the dock before their boat or shore diving.
- Off-property: Kralendijk, the capital, is a short walk away for outdoor markets, shopping, and local artists.
- The island of Bonaire has over 80 dive sites…one of the best in the Caribbean.
- This resort also has two freshwater pools, three restaurants & bars, and a casino.
Wyndham Reef Grand Cayman
- Check PricesWyndham Reef offers a quiet beachfront location, oceanfront rooms with a balcony or patio, and a kitchen area.
- Two pools, two restaurants, and nightly entertainment with local bands.
- Non-dive days: Kayaking, snorkeling, paddleboards, yoga, and the spa.
- Grand Cayman is known for its colorful reefs, deep wall dives due to its location, and great visibility.
- Ocean Frontiers Diving Adventures, through the resort, offers PADI dive courses and daily dive trips 2x per day.
- Sunken ships, grottos, tunnels, and swim-throughs – all possible in the Caymans.
- Will you see the yellow-headed jawfish, coral, snappers, stingrays, or a reef shark?
Turneffe Island Resort Belize
- Check PricesTurneffe Island Resort is on a private island and surrounded by lagoons and reefs. Oh my! About 35-miles from Belize City with boat transfers included.
- PADI certified with six dive masters and over 30 dive sites.
- This resort is also close to the Great Blue Hole, a giant marine sinkhole, and part of the Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System.
- Turneffe scuba packages include 2-3 dives per day plus day trips to the Great Blue Hole, Half Moon Caye, and Long Caye.
- The Great Blue Hole was made famous by Jacques Cousteau as he named it one of the top five scuba diving sites in the world.
- Will you see the reef sharks, nurse sharks, or giant groupers?
- Snorkeling and fly-fishing are also offered on this remote island.
- Island Paradise and the art of relaxation for post-diving (or for non-divers) – relax in one of 12 hammocks, 10 palapas, or at the outdoor pool.
Dive for Free! Sandals and Beaches – PADI Scuba Experience
Best All Inclusives for Snorkeling