Jet Blue has plans for increased demand in leisure travel, which is promising news. This comes just a few months after the launch of 30 new routes from Newark and reminds me of the unforgettable line – “if you build it, (he) they will come” – from Field of Dreams.
When does Jet Blue service to Cancun and the Caribbean begin?
Newark is expanding with the most new routes to the Caribbean and Jet Blue will also reactivate some temporarily parked aircraft to support the new routes.
- Aruba launches on November 19th with one flight daily
- Cancun launches on November 19th with two flights daily
- Montego Bay launches on November 19th with one flight daily
- Nassau, Bahamas on November 19th with one flight daily
- Turks and Caicos also launches on November 19th with one flight daily
- Punta Cana – yes, also launches on November 19th with one flight daily
- Sint Maarten launches on November 19th with one flight daily
Los Angeles is expanding, too with the following service:
- Cancun launches on November 19th and will operate twice daily
- Liberia, Costa Rica launches on December 18th with two daily flights
- San Jose, Costa Rica also launches on December 18th with one daily flight
What other Jet Blue cities offer service to Cancun and the Caribbean?
Also launching flights to Cancun on November 19th will be Tampa with one daily, Raleigh-Durham with one daily and San Francisco with two daily flights.
Raleigh-Durham also launches on November 19th with service to Montego Bay, Jamaica (once daily).
All of these routes will continue to be monitored based on market demand to determine how long a particular route will continue to operate.
Which Jet Blue flights have Mint service?
First, if you’re new to Jet Blue – Mint is Jet Blue’s premium travel experience for select coast-to-coast and Caribbean flights. Passengers get lie-flat seats, artisanal dining, and a lot of free entertainment.
Next, Mint will be offered from Newark to Aruba and Sint Maarten on select flights. Mint will also be offered from Los Angeles to Liberia, Costa Rica on select flights.
Can Jet Blue tickets be changed?
JetBlue is extending its Go Back and Forth with Confidence initiative for new bookings made through February 28, 2021 for travel on any date. This initiative is intended to provide peace of mind and confidence for customers making travel plans as it waives all change and cancel fees for all fares, including Blue Basic, which normally does not allow for any changes.
Safety protocols have also been in place and Jet Blue continues to block the middle seat (through October 15th).
Jamaica is Open for Tourism – What You Need To Know
United Airlines is 1st in Eliminating Change Fees, Delta and American Airlines Follow