Los Cabos is known for many things….. like its stunning desert background, coastlines, luxury resorts, sunsets and nightlife.
According to the Los Cabos Tourism Board, there’s been a six percent growth in tourism and they’re attributing this to their nation’s investment in improving safety and security over the last year.
So what else does this mean for tourism in Los Cabos? Plenty!
There are more interesting stats in addition to the six percent growth noted above.
- 4.1% increase in international passenger arrivals year-over-year
- 9 new air routes expected to increase seats to 36,000 (or more) by 2019
- 6.1% growth in hotel inventory with about 2500 new rooms expected to open by 2019
- More than $1B in hotel investments
I do love numbers and data so I have more from Los Cabos Tourism:
- Seven out of 10 visitors are returning guests
- 90% of all first timers said they’d return
- 20% of tourists visit at least four times per year
Is Cabo on your travel bucket list? Let us know in the comments.
New: Hard Rock Los Cabos & Nobu
Smackdown: US Media vs. Mexico Travel Advisory
10 Best All Inclusive Resorts in…Cabo