Hotel Xcaret Mexico is at the top of my resort list when I think about sustainable tourism. This award was no surprise.
Hotel Xcaret practices sustainable tourism to preserve the ecosystem, reduce their carbon footprint, and their design was all about respecting nature and its surroundings. The EarthCheck Certification is awarded for sustainable-minded architecture, planning, and construction. A well-deserved award based on their commitment to the environment and communities in Mexico.
According to Hotel Xcaret, guests are a big part of the global sustainability efforts of Experiancias Xcaret. These are just a few of their commitments to the environment:
- Scarlet Macaw Conservation Program
- Mangrove Reforestation and Rehabilitation Project of the Nichupté Lagoon System
- Sea Turtle Conservation Program
- Creation of the Riviera Maya Forest Nursery
- Coral Reproduction Program
- Ten Programs of Reproduction: pink flamingo, green macaw, keel-billed toucan, crested guan, quetzal, nurse shark, butterflies, Mexican parrot, tapir, and great curassow
Experiancias Xcaret’s dedication and commitment to ecotourism and sustainability is evident in all of their resort experiences and nature parks. When you stay at Hotel Xcaret you get full access to Xcaret parks, Xel-Ha, Xplor, Xplor Fuego, Xavage, Xoximilco, Xenses, and the Xenotes and Xichen tours. This also includes food, beverages, and transportation between the parks.
Before I go, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention Muluk Spa with 15 cabins set in the natural rock, one of the most unique spa settings you’ll see.
Congratulations to Hotel Xcaret!