Calling all Parrot Heads – there’s a new resort concept on Isla Holbox, Mexico – and yes, St. Somewhere was inspired by Jimmy Buffet (thank you, Jimmy!).
St. Somewhere is the second concept developed by the partnership between Karisma Hotels & Resorts and Margaritaville, which complements the already-opened Check PricesMargaritaville Island Reserve Resort brand.
It’s important to note that this is not an all-inclusive resort – but – they may offer meal plans or all-inclusive options and we’ll watch for that.
What we know about this new resort:
- This first 5-star boutique hotel on Isla Holbox is now open!
- Located on beautiful Punta Coco Beach (Coconut Point) – a true ‘life by the sea’ experience
- Luxury – yes – and a laid back vibe with 39-suites and 7-suite categories
- Some suites have direct access to the main pool and its swim-up bar and some suites have a private plunge pool
- This new concept has been designed for both couples and families (and I know a solo traveler that would love to go…)
- Boho-chic (yes, please!) design, and all suites will have first-floor access
- Mangrove gardens with suspended wooden bridges winding throughout the property
- There’s a lighthouse at the center of the property
- 3 restaurants and bars
Additional properties in other locations will be announced – we’ll keep you posted!
“Somethin’ ‘Bout a Boat”, Songs from St. Somewhere
Wondering where Holbox is located and how to get there?
- This small (25-mile long, one-mile wide) unspoiled island is north of the Yucatan Peninsula between the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico
- Holbox is an ancient Mayan name, meaning “Black Hole”
- There are no cars or paved roads, only golf carts allowed for transportation
From Cancun airport (or Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Merida):
You can fly to Holbox or go to Chiquila for the ferry, which is about a 2.5 hr drive from Cancun.
Boats leave every two hours from 530a – 9p.*
*subject to change
Things to do:
Other than enjoying your time at this new resort with water activities and the stunning beach; experience the sea at night with its natural bioluminescence – you can also explore off the property.
Be sure to connect with the concierge at St. Somewhere about off-property adventures.
These Three Islands may be of interest.
Isla Pájaros (Bird Island) – a refuge for pelicans, white ibis, herons, flamingos and more.
Cenote Yalahau – According to legend, its waters have healing properties, which is why it is known as the “source of eternal youth.”
Isla Pasión (Passion Island) – Where you can enjoy the sun and the sea and be one with nature.
Holbox is part of the Yum Balam Biosphere Reserve and is surrounded by mangrove ecosystems and birdlife including flamingos and pelicans.
Whale-shark swimming (open season May through Aug), horseback riding along the beach, Kayak, and Stand-up paddleboarding are also possible.
And…..perhaps you’ll drive your own golf cart through the island or take a day tour to the popular Yalahao Lagoon – a “fountain of youth” according to legend.
Karisma and Margaritaville Opening Three Luxury All-Inclusive Resorts
Traveling to Cancun? Right now…..