This is exciting news for Sandals Resorts International as they just opened the 16th property in its portfolio with the opening in the Dutch Caribbean.
“Today marks a dream decades in the making as Sandals Resorts officially becomes part of the story of Curacao,” said Adam Stewart, Executive Chairman of SRI. “It’s a great honor to now share this incredible destination with the world with its eclectic melting pot of culture, vibrancy and stunning beauty. Today is also bittersweet as I wish my father and our late founder, Gordon “Butch” Stewart, could have been here to see this dream of our family’s become a reality.”
“Love Is All You Need” – Remembering Gordon “Butch” Stewart, Founder and Chairman, Sandals Resorts International
The recent opening and ribbon cutting ceremony welcomed remarks from industry leaders including Honourable Gilmar Pisas, Prime Minister of Curacao; Executive Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, Adam Stewart; CEO of Sandals Resorts International, and many others.
“The most beautiful part of this process is our shared vision and the impact on our local people and economy long before the resort even opened its doors. The government of Curacao is very pleased to welcome Sandals Royal Curaçao and together we look forward to providing travelers from around the world with great experiences that will have them extending their stays and coming back for years to come,” said the Hon. Gilmar Pisas.
Here are some other reasons why the new Check PricesSandals Royal Curacao is an important opening for the island of Curacao:
- Linking Sports and Sustainability to Empower the Island’s Youth
- Adam Stewart introduced the Sandals Foundation’s newly formed partnership with the Netherlands’ AFC Ajax soccer team to launch Future Goals – a program that turns fishing nets sourced from the ocean and recycled plastic waste into soccer goals for children.
- The landmark partnership kicks off at primary schools across Curacao, where the program’s official launch was celebrated last month at MGR Niewindt College as students received the first set of Future Goals ahead of the resort’s opening.
- Inside the New Sandals Royal Curacao
- Check PricesSandals Royal Curacao is located within the exclusive, 3,000-acre Santa Barbara estate
- The Resort is only 15 miles from Curacao International Airport
- The Resort is located on the southernmost part of the island and intertwines nature with the resort experience
- Because it faces west, it captures one of the Caribbean’s most spectacular sunsets
- This Curacao resort includes the brand’s first ever bi-level Dos Awa Infinity Pool, with views overlooking the Spanish Water and the rugged mountain landscape beyond
- There are two new signature suite categories including the Awa Seaside Butler Bungalows and Kurason Island Poolside Butler Bungalows – with Tranquility Soaking Tubs, private pools, and butler service – plus perks for select suites, like access to sporty and stylish convertible MINI Coopers to drive while exploring the island
- The Resort offers eleven culinary concepts, including eight restaurants – seven of which are new to the brand and only available at this resort – along with three beach side gourmet food trucks and 13 bars
I mentioned that this resort offers unique experiences and one of them is an immersion in the flavors of the island of Curacao. Sandals is also known for having a number of firsts and so it’s no surprise that Check PricesSandals Royal Curacao offers the brand’s first ever off-site dining program called Island Inclusive with eight partner restaurants.
This program is valid with a seven-night minimum stay and exclusively to guests booked in Butler suites and Sandals Select Reward Members. This program offers one $250 (USD) voucher to dine out at one of the eight partner restaurants and round trip transfers are included.