One of the top luxury adults-only resorts in Cancun, also known for romance, has been renovated.
One of the themes of this ‘pandemic’ year is getting back to nature – you know – those walks you’ve been taking, more time outdoors, breathing in fresh air. So – it’s no surprise that Palace Resorts was inspired by the elements of nature and created a space inside and outside reflecting the surrounding landscape and beauty of the Caribbean Sea.
According to Claudia Ferreiro, leader of the design team, “During the renovation of Sun Palace, lighting played a fundamental role in ensuring we created a warm, relaxed ambiance. The new look includes natural stone, marble, and wood sourced locally from the region, eluding to the richness and beauty of the environment. Our goal was to make guests feel relaxed and Zen.”
They had me at Zen!
What’s new at Sun Palace?
- Rooms and suites were completely redesigned with a neutral color palette featuring textures, fabrics, marble and wood for a fresh, relaxing vibe
- All suites feature private balconies, comfy living spaces, new king-size beds, double whirlpool tubs, and oversized bathrooms
- Nightly aromatherapy menu
- Luxury full-service spa with a hydrotherapy facility
- Fitness and wellness center with new top-of-the-line equipment
- Three infinity pools
- Huge new lobby with a new modern-chic look
- All of the existing restaurants were revamped with new décor, upgraded menus, and new dining concepts.
As anticipated, Palace raised the bar with culinary opportunities and some of the new restaurants include Fuego, a Brazilian-style steakhouse, and Italian cuisine at La Tratto from famed Michelin star chef, Giuseppe Lannotti. Thai and Mexican cuisine options, too.
Spa and Wellness at Sun PalaceSun Palace is also considered a ‘wellness retreat‘ resort so fellow spa divas will appreciate the award-winning Awe Spa. Hydrotherapy is a must in my book, and this spa also features hot and cold plunge pools, an herbal steam room, chromotherapy (color therapy), sauna therapy, and a relaxation lounge.
Spa tip: Take a look at the symbolic Kukulkan Massage – Inspired by the Mayans, the ritual features two masseuses using four hands in a choreographed simulation of three sacred animals: the Eagle, the Jaguar, and the Snake.
You can also add aromatherapy and essential oils to spa services. And, the Spa features a full-service beauty salon, boutique, and state-of-the-art fitness center and spinning studio.
Purely Palace COVID measures are in place and can be found here.