Love Spaceships. Take a look at the new Secrets Tulum Resort & Beach Club.
If SHTF this resort will lift off – and blast you safely to Uranus.
Hopefully your vacation will not be interrupted by Aliens…… So relax and enjoy Tulum’s great beaches, ancient Mayan ruins, and its hippy boho eco-tourism vibe.
BTW. Tulum is building an airport. But who knows when that will be completed. The good news is that the road from the Cancun airport is being upgraded and your drive will be much faster.
You might recall that Hyatt Inclusive Collection originally announced bringing a Breathless Tulum Resort & Spa to the area, however the resort has undergone a brand change and will now be Check PricesSecrets Tulum Resort & Beach Club.
When I think about Tulum there are several thoughts that come to mind – Mayan culture, a boho chic vibe, and where the jungle meets the sea. This new resort checks all the boxes!
Note to Know: Although the Check PricesSecrets Tulum Resort & Beach Club is nestled in the mangroves of Tulum, – think bushes, not beaches. Although they do have a separate beach club offsite – (not out the front door) – for those who need to feel the sand between their toes…
But whether you’re a beach-lover or not, Secrets Tulum also offers an amazing pool experience at this intimate boutique resort, which has ~300 suites (including the always popular swim-up suites) and a five-bedroom “Secrets Beach Villa” – a private, all-inclusive vacation villa that includes its own rooftop with a plunge pool.
There’s also a Preferred Club, including upgraded suites, access to an exclusive lounge and special concierge service, among other amenities, and (amazingly for a resort of this size) the property will include 10 different dining concepts, ranging from a buffet to international a la carte eateries and a beach bar called Barracuda.
What We Know About the new Secrets Tulum Resort & Beach Club:
- Located in the heart of Tulum within the luxe Aldea Zama Complex
- The beach is off-site at their separate Beach Club
- Scheduled to open on October 12, 2023. (Take advantage of the low Grand Opening Rates)
- Jungle themed surroundings designed by award winning architect Michael Edmonds
- A cenote style layout with unique circular building designs surrounded by local jungle vegetation
- Set to have 301 elegant Preferred Club suites with many suites facing the cenote style pools
- All first-floor rooms feature swim out pools surrounded by vegetation
- Culinary activities including wine pairing and gourmet cooking lessons
- A rooftop lounge with a swim up bar and a fire pit
- Cenote-style pools will be in the heart of each building and some will be connected by the resort’s lazy river
- A private, full-service beach club located on Tulum’s coastline
The dedicated areas for meditation and yoga throughout the complex certainly call out to me, as well as the Secrets Spa by Pevonia and other wellness offerings.
Things To Do in Tulum:
- Archeological Sights
- Muyil on the Sian Ka’an Lagoon, Coba
- Chichen Itza
- Cenotes (open water pools) – there are about 6,000 cenotes in the Yucatán Peninsula of Mexico
- El Castillo – the highest foundation of Tulum
- Native Park Tulum
As always, connect with the concierge as soon as you arrive at the resort to confirm any tours you would like to take.