AMResorts is growing the Secrets brand in Mexico with another new resort scheduled to open in 2021.
This area checks all the boxes – stunning beaches, cenotes, golf, and shopping in Playa del Carmen.
Located about 45-minutes from Cancun airport, adults-only Secrets Playa del Carmen will be a fairly large contemporary resort with 671 suites, beautiful ocean views, and a setting where the jungle meets the ocean.
Why you might want to add Secrets Playa del Carmen to your travel list:
- Several room categories including Preferred Club options and Impression Club.
- 10 restaurants with enhanced and upgraded dining options including a Michelin-rated chef
- 9 bars including swim up (you have to have swim up!)
- Amphitheater for corporate events
- Non-motorized watersports include kayaks, paddle boards, and snorkeling
- Seven pools and four man-made cenotes
- Only a 10 minute drive to famous 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen – Shopping!
- Sip, Savor & See at a choice of 17 hotels – in addition to the Secrets Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa
- Secrets Spa by Pevonia with a hydrotherapy circuit and full service spa
- Wedding packages will also be offered
Do you play golf?
This will be a golfers paradise due to the proximity to several courses, including Gran Coyote. As of now, guests will enjoy complimentary greens fees at nearby El Tinto & Gran Coyote courses and a special green fee at the Greg Norman-designed, El Camaleon Mayakoba.
Impression Club Experience
Now let’s take a look at what will set this new Secrets Playa del Carmen apart from other Secrets resorts.
- This will be the first Secrets to offer the ultra-inclusive Impression Club experience
- This ‘Club’ offers a private and personalized residential-style experience as it includes spacious Two-, Three-, and Four-Bedroom Master Suites with Ocean Views
- These spacious suites are on the top floors of the resort and guests will have access to exclusive amenities like a private rooftop pool, Signature Restaurant, butler service, a private bar, and a private beach area
- Impression Club guests also have access to all Preferred Club areas
- If you’re planning a wedding or any event (when it’s time to have a larger group), this category will certainly give you a higher level of luxury and service
Looking for some adventure while staying at Secrets Playa del Carmen?
You’ll find there’s a lot to do if you like to explore off-property as Secrets is only about an hour away from the historic and ecological areas of Tulum and Coba and closer to some of these:
- Puerto Morelos for a laid back vibe as it’s known for its beachfront restaurants, bars and lounges
- Playa del Carmen was originally a small fishing town and is now a favorite for shopping and its pristine beaches
- Cozumel is perfect for scuba diving and snorkeling with places like El Cielo
- Chichén Itzá is an impressive Mayan archeological site and is one of the ‘new 7 wonders of the world’
- Coba is a Mayan archeological site that is located deep in the jungle and boasts the tallest pyramid in the Yucatan Peninsula
- Tulum Mayan ruins – one of the most popular in the area
- Xcaret – so much going on at this ecological – archeological theme park
- And, Xel-Ha for aquatic adventures in natural lagoons and caves where you’ll also learn about ancient Mayan culture