We love makeovers and especially when it’s a resort that’s over 40-years old! What was old can be made new again….with $52 million dollars.
It takes a village to make things happen and that’s pretty much what occurred with Club Med Caravelle as over 30 local businesses were involved in this renovation. And, more good news for the local economy is that this also created over 100 new jobs.
Here’s what’s new and improved:
- A new Baby Club (4-months – 23 months old) – and clubs for older kids and teens (up to 17)
- New Water Playpark for mom, dad, and kiddos
- New Zen Oasis – sea views, infinity pool, Deluxe and Suite rooms
- New Cub Med Spa by Sothys (my fave!)
- Redesigned rooms and NEW rooms suited to families (Superior and Suites)
- New Allamanda Beach Lounge
- New wine cellar at the L’Hibiscus restaurant
Back to the spa for a moment – You know when you listen to the sound of the ocean in your meditation practice? Well, this is way better! Ocean sounds, a tropical breeze, and the soothing hands of your massage therapist! Blissful!
Something else that’s so great about traveling to a place like Club Med is the opportunity to try something new. Club Med is known for its trapeze activities and there’s also archery, which is gaining popularity, and pickleball (also getting more popular). Have you experienced any of these activities?
What about off-property fun?
Hiking in Guadeloupe National Park, maybe a rum tasting at Bellevue Distillery, local shopping – plenty to experience on property and off-property.
Sustainability is top of mind too and Club Med Caravelle partnered with Ecocean to set up underwater habitats. They’ve also eliminated all single-use plastics.
Looking for more about Club Med? Use the Search Box at the top.
Club Med – Playa Esmeralda in Unspoiled Miches
Club Med Caravelle – Video