Where in the world is Club Med Miches Playa Esmeralda?
Good question – In typical Club Med style, they found an unspoiled, fairly untouched, and uninhabited beach area about 90-minutes away from Punta Cana.
Miches is known as a fishing village and this is the first all-inclusive resort in the area.
If you’re getting excited about this new opening you should be…..the idea of being one of the first in a new resort is reason enough, but the WOW factor is the unspoiled beach in a new resort area that is sparking a desire to get out and explore Miches.
As a new model for Club Med’s Exclusive Collection brand, which is their equivalent to a five-star resort, this is what guests will experience:
- Four Boutique Villages with two for adults-only (Archipelago and Emerald Jungle) and two for families (Explorer Cove and Caribbean Paradise).
- Four Restaurants (led by a Michelin chef!), Four Bars, Three Wine Cellars, and a Coffee House.
- Chocolate Lovers: You’ll love this….the DR is known for cacao so Club Med partnered with Xocolat, a local chocolate brand, to supply their chocolate.
- Will your child crack the code? There’s a ‘secret’ chocolate room in one of the restaurants known as the ‘speakeasy’ for children. Kids will get clues to help them crack the code to get into this hidden room….it will be an extraordinary experience ‘if’ they get in.
- Wellness focused: One of the bars, El Limon in the Emerald Jungle adults-only village, features healthy options like fresh fruit smoothies, detox waters and juices, and creative cocktails. This is also a new swim-up bar concept for Club Med.
- Seeking Zen: Om to Yoga and Meditation classes in the Treetop Wellness Canopy.
OMG…the views! (Yes, there’s a separate spa on property, too.)
- All kinds of activities and this is a great beach for horseback riding…..at sunset.
- Off-property adventures: Get an insta-worthy photo at Laguna Limon’s waterfalls, go humpback whale watching, visit Montaña Redonda with 360-degree views.
- This eco-chic resort is all about sustainability and the natural beauty of this area. There are green initiatives like tree replanting, uniforms made from recycled materials, and the resort is free of single-use plastics.
Is this new Club Med now on your ‘go-to’ list? Let us know in the comments.