The pandemic changed the way we travel and the world is slowly reopening. Elevated protocols have been in place for travelers at all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean.
We’re dreaming about traveling again, especially with a tropical vibe, and a newly released study even said that consumers would give up their savings, job, and/or sex life to travel again.
I won’t go that far and maybe you won’t either but people are traveling and the idea of dipping my toes in the sand with a fruity umbrella drink in hand sounds really good.
Trivago Survey: Consumers Say They’d Give Up Their Savings, Job and Sex Life to Travel Again
And remember – there is a smile beyond the mask – you can see the smile in the eyes of those working at Majestic Resorts and every other resort you’re visiting.
By the way, we’ve included a video below reviewing all protocols at Majestic Resorts and a summary with major points.
Where are Majestic Resorts located?
There are three locations in Punta Cana including Majestic Colonial, Majestic Elegance and Majestic Mirage.
One location in Mexico with Majestic Elegance in Costa Mujeres.
Majestic Care – Complimentary Insurance
It’s also important to note that guests of Majestic Resorts will be covered by a complimentary insurance policy during their stay at any one of the Resorts in Costa Mujeres or Punta Cana, with the company Europ Assistance. This has been extended for travel through June 30, 2021.
Some of the coverages and services include:
- Medical expenses including hospitalization, pharmaceutical, and surgical expenses up to $35,295
- Availability of 24-hour medical teleconsultation
- Sending of a doctor
- Extension of stay for medical reasons or quarantine up to $88 per day with a maximum of 14 days per insured guest
- Extension of stay for medical reasons of a companion up to a maximum amount of $23 per day and with a maximum of 10 days per insured guest
- Travel expenses of a person to accompany a hospitalized guest for more than 5 days
An Overview of the Protocols at Majestic Resorts
First, Majestic Resorts introduced advanced hygiene practices including complimentary kits with a mask and hand sanitizer, frequent disinfection of surfaces with hospital grade disinfectant.
Watch this video for a complete overview of The Majestic Mission:
These are the Key Touch Points reviewed with a brief summary for each:
- Welcome Back: Majestic Smiles Behind Our Masks
- Guests will be greeted by Majestic staff at a distance of 6 feet and staff located at the welcome area will be using facial shields and masks for an extra layer of protection
- Temperature check upon arrival for each guest
- On the ramp through which luggage travels, doormats with a solution of water and bleach will be placed to ensure the disinfection of the wheels of the luggage
- A minimum of 48 hours will be allotted before a room is reassigned to another guest after being emptied and disinfected with the protocol cleaning supplies
- Take Comfort in Your Room
- Cleaning and disinfection with hospital grade disinfectant of all surfaces in the room
- Cleaning of the air conditioning filter will be completed before entry of the next guest
All Inclusive Resorts Take Proactive Steps Regarding the New CDC Requirements for Entry to the U.S.
- Thoroughness Throughout the Resorts
- Constant disinfection of elevators with hospital grade disinfectant
- Dine at a Distance
- Disinfection of all the furniture with steam at more than 190ºF (90ºC) routinely throughout the evening
- Visual only menu at the entrance of the restaurant or QR codes for viewing the menu on your phone
- Take a Sip in Security
- Single use preparation materials and glasses in all bars
- Limitation of capacity in all bars
- Precaution at Pools & Beach Areas
- Hand sanitizing gel available in pool and beach areas for guests
- Pool towels available upon request
- Considering Care for Children: Kids’ Club
- Children must be 6 years or older to enter the kids’ club to help maintain social distancing
- Zerotech-hightech games will be available that encourage keeping distance amongst children
- Strengthened Measures in the Fitness Center
- Cleaning and disinfection of each machine after use prior to another guest’s use
- Availability of outdoor exercise including aerobics, spinning, and more
- Purely Protected Spa Experience
- Daily cleaning and disinfection with hospital grade disinfectant of spa facility
- Cleaning and disinfection of the treatment rooms with hospital grade disinfectant after each session
- Breathe in Clean Air: Filter Cleaning
- Air renewal and filtration system providing a clean air environment
- Virtually Contact-Free Check-Out
- Express check-out from your room for your convenience and safety
- New check-out time of 11:00 AM to allow for more time to properly disinfect guest rooms
- Safety in Majestic Services
- Daily temperature check of staff upon arrival
- Shoe disinfection and daily uniform cleaning upon arrival
Full details of The Majestic Mission – Protocols at Majestic Resorts
Do you have more questions about the protocols at Majestic Resorts?
- Are masks mandatory for guests at the pool and/or beach?
- No. Face masks are not mandatory at the pool or beach as long as social distancing between travel groups is maintained.
- Will there be any nighttime entertainment like shows, etc.?
- Yes! The Resorts are offering a variety of entertainment with nighttime activities and other open space activities.
- Will water activities be available at the pools and beaches?
- Yes! Water activities will be available in the pool and beach areas under the protocol of maintaining a safe distance. And…water equipment like kayaks and other equipment at the water sports center will be sanitized by staff after each guest’s use.
- What about reservations at the restaurants?
- Reservations are required at all restaurants until further notice and may be made through the guest services desk or through a butler if you are staying in The Club section.
- Will we be able to leave the resort for off-property excursions?
- Yes. You are permitted to leave the resort for scheduled excursions and the resort recommends scheduling excursions with an official Destination Management Company (DMC) located in the lobby areas. You will, of course, want to be cautious outside the resort and follow safety measures. We all know what to do for our safety.