Cue the tropical music because we have more RIU reopening news for you – and it’s more fun to listen to tropical music as you think about your ‘where to next’ vacay!
- Check PricesRiu Palace Bavaro (Punta Cana) reopened on July 1st
- Check PricesRiu Palace Paradise Island reopened on July 1st
- Check PricesRiu Dunamar in Costa Mujeres, Mexico reopened on July 1st
- Check PricesRiu Palace Riviera Maya and Check PricesRiu Playacar reopened on July 1st
- Check PricesRiu Jalisco Hotel in Puerto Vallarta reopened on July 2nd
- Check PricesRiu Reggae (new, Montego Bay) is reopening on July 3rd
- Check PricesRiu Palace Aruba reopens on July 10th
Fairly new Check PricesRiu Reggae is located in Montego Bay on Mahoe Bay Beach. This is the second Riu to reopen as Check PricesRiu Ocho Rios opened on June 15th. No word yet on the reopening of Negril resorts or the others in Montego Bay.
Check PricesRiu Palace Bavaro, located on Arena Gorda beach, is fairly large at 610 rooms and is the first of six resorts in Punta Cana to reopen. No word on reopening dates for the other five.
Check PricesRiu Palace Paradise Island is the only RIU in this location and was renovated as recently as 2017 with refurbished facilities and new construction. Spend time at the infinity pool for spectacular views!
We’re awaiting updates on the other resorts (not listed above) in Playa del Carmen and the rest of Mexico
Once these resorts reopen, Riu will be active in 16 of the 19 countries they’re located in with the goal of reopening all of their 99 resorts. All resorts are following their ‘Post COVID’ manual of health and safety protocols.