We love a good makeover and this Sandals Royal Barbados Expansion sounds divine.
First, Sandals Royal Barbados is due to re-open in April, but ground has been broken for this new expansion giving guests more choices for their return to this beautiful island resort.
Guests at Check PricesCheck PricesCheck PricesSandals Royal Barbados will enjoy a setting of lush gardens and the pristine, white sand beach of Maxwell Beach. This is one of two Check PricesCheck PricesSandals Resorts on the island of Barbados so guests will have full exchange privileges with the neighboring Check PricesCheck PricesSandals Barbados – basically two all-inclusive resort experiences for the price of one giving guests a grand total of 20 restaurants, 14 bars, 11 pools and five whirlpools.
What does the Sandals Royal Barbados Expansion include:
- 66 Brand New Suites across Club and Butler categories including all-new swim up suites will debut at the South Seas Village
- These new suites will bring the total room options to 338 (also includes Rondoval suites, Skypool and Crystal Lagoon Swim-Up suites and Millionaire Butler suite concepts)
- These new South Seas Village suites will feature aromatherapy systems with relaxing essential oils to personalize scent experiences
- Sleep better with blackout shades and soothing lights as these are also being designed with wellness in mind – seclusion, relaxation, and tranquility (and that Tranquility Blissful Bed)
- Large, bright rooms with high-pitched ceilings, marble baths with his and her sinks
- Two new freshwater pools
- Red Lane® Spa bath amenities and a private outdoor Tranquility Soaking Tub™ for two
- Full in-room bar with a selection of liquors including Robert Mondavi wines
- Two new wellness-inspired eateries – the Greenhouse Restaurant and Heart & Sol café
- These two additions will bring the restaurant options to 9
Guests staying in the new butler suites category will also enjoy a personal butler, 24-hour room service, and VIP check-in.
“Sandals Royal Barbados is the ultimate indulgent resort for couples who are looking for top-of-the-line luxury. We’ve added more suites, restaurants, and pools to elevate our options which further enhance the already incredible guest experience,” said Adam Stewart, Executive Chairman of Sandals Resorts International. “This news comes on the heels of our recent expansion at Sandals South Coast, bringing the world’s first Swim-up Rondoval Suites to Jamaica and a re-imagined beachfront Dutch Village, as well as new properties in Curaçao and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, marking nine Caribbean islands for the Sandals Resorts International footprint.”
One of the ‘stand-outs’ for me with this Check PricesCheck PricesSandals Royal Barbados Expansion includes the new wellness-inspired components – like the aromatherapy and the two wellness-inspired dining options.
The Greenhouse will be a rustic farm-to-table eatery and will offer guests elegant cuisine prepared with locally sourced meats and seafood and straight-from-the-garden fruits and vegetables.
Heart and Sol, the resort’s café, will be like that of a well run New York-style deli with locally sourced culinary offerings for a fresh and clean alternative to sandwiches, soups, salads, energy-boosting smoothie bowls, and nutrient-packed fresh fruit and vegetable smoothies and juices.
The two new freshwater swimming pools will be set in a tranquil section of the South Seas Village. One of the swimming pools will have a full-service pool bar offering newly curated low-calorie cocktails – like the Ginger Mule, Brûléed Lemon Sour, Green Gin and Cucumber Slush – guilt free Caribbean cocktails! Yes, please!
You’ll need to wait until July to experience this Check PricesCheck PricesCheck PricesSandals Royal Barbados expansion, but they’re already accepting reservations for these new suites.