Velas Resorts is known for unique and extraordinary local cultural experiences that go beyond the ordinary.
These curated activities that get ‘up close and personal’ raise the bar.
Adults-only Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta introduced a new voluntourism experience that combines a group cooking class and an opportunity to give back to the community at a local non-profit assisted living residence for seniors.
Traditional Mexican dishes are prepared using locally sourced ingredients and then the meal is taken to Asilo San Juan Diego to share with the residents after a tour of the facility. This voluntourism experience is offered on the 15th of each month and transportation is included.
Grand Velas Riviera Maya introduced the International Celebration of Magic with magicians from the U.S., Japan, and Mexico. The “Magic Begins Here” Festival will be over Thanksgving (11/27 – 29).
- Kids can interact with the magicians at a picnic in the garden.
- Traditional Thanksgiving dinner and show.
- The festival will conclude with the stars at the resort’s three restaurants.
All events for this magical Festival are included.
Grand Velas Los Cabos introduced a pretty ‘rad’ adventure – Rock Mapping. This cultural experience takes guests to the remote rock paintings in the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains. It involves hiking through the canyon and San Pedro, a small town in the mountains.
The tour guide, Oscar Ortiz, will lead this adventure and you’ll see ancient rock formations, flora and fauna, and you’ll learn about the first aboriginal inhabitants in the area, the Pericues.
A multi-course dinner is included post-hike and then after sunset, guests will experience a unique rock mapping light show. This experience does come with a price tag – just under $2000 per person (a group of six for $11,936, includes transportation).
First of all, you can arrange for a (decorated) Christmas tree in your suite (deadline is 12/15) at any Velas Resort. Parents can also shop online for holiday gifts, and ornaments. There’s also an opportunity for guests to donate toys online to the Center for the Caring of Children with Cancer (non-profit institution dedicated to serving children and teenagers with cancer).
- Baja Bound? Grand Velas Los Cabos guests will have an opportunity to witness the arrival of Santa via helicopter.
- Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit is offering a traditional Mexican Art class in the kid’s club.
- Holiday fun at adults-only Casa Velas includes unlimited golf, yoga, Pilates, wine & cheese pairing, craft beer tastings, tequila & mezcal tastings, and more. Cheers!
- Casa Velas is also including a special Christmas program and a New Year’s Eve gala dinner with a themed menu and live entertainment.
Additional holiday activities at all Velas Resorts include daily themed shows, sandcastle competitions, Santa’s workshop, Gingerbread Mansions, and a traditional Mexican celebration (posadas).
Note: Velas Resorts kicks off their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale on Nov. 27.
Looking for more about Velas Resorts? Use the Search Box at the top.