Dominican Republic tourism is back.
Alluring white sand beaches, off the beaten path activities, and a number of stunning all-inclusive resorts are awaiting the return of visitors.
- Temperature check for all passengers
- If the temperature is above 100.6 F -or- if the passenger exhibits other symptoms, a (rapid) COVID019 test will be administered
- Protocols for isolation and treatment will be initiated (depending on the case, of course)
- Social distancing guidelines at airports
- Mandatory face masks for all employees and passengers
- Submit a Traveler’s Health Affidavit: passenger states they have not felt COVID-19 symptoms in the last 72-hours (also must provide contact details for the following 30-days)
You’ll likely hear more about ‘certification programs’ for hotels/all-inclusive resorts as is the case here with the new Quality Council by the National Association of Hotels and Tourism to ensure resorts have implemented and complied with the regulations.
This is what you can expect at your resort:
- A temperature at guest check-in and guest must sign a declaration of health
- Guests provided with face masks and hand sanitizer
- Social distancing in all common areas
- Baggage disinfection
- Masks can be removed once seated at their dining table
- Digital Menus, additional disinfection in common areas, surfaces
Note: Transportation has also been reduced to 50% occupancy to allow safe distancing.
Wondering which all-inclusive resorts are open?
Secrets Cap Cana has reopened as well as Hard Rock Hotel Punta Cana is already open, too! Many others are due to reopen later on in the summer and fall.