What do you do when the world closes and you have to shut down your resorts? You renovate!
Most AMResorts throughout Mexico and the Caribbean have reopened and while it’s been a year of closures, it’s also been a year of makeovers.
Here’s a round-up of resorts in Cancun, Playa Mujeres, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco, Punta Cana and Curacao that have been updated over the last few months.
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is located on one of the world’s most famous (and stunning) beaches. This resort had a makeover that included:
- A pool renovation that included an upgrade with an “artificial beach” on one side so the entrance of the pool now has beach-like access.
- The main lobby and front desk are currently undergoing enhancements and the area will be completely remodeled with brand new furniture, finishes and air conditioning.
In addition to the beautiful beach and vibe at this AMResorts stunner, Secrets the Vine, it’s also a number one pick for wine lovers (some of Mexico’s best sommeliers). This resort had a minor makeover:
- The two main pools were updated in June with new tiles to create a new modern design.
‘Best Of’… Playa Mujeres
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort and Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
A little Ginger and a little Maryann with these two resorts. Secrets is open, airy, modern and chic and we love the Bali beds on the beach. Dreams is family-friendly and you gotta love the water parks. Both resorts also had a little redo with:
- The Market Café & World Café at both resorts were updated and are now welcoming guests.
- The main pools were also updated at both resorts and they were completed through May and June.
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
This resort received several enhancements including:
- Restaurant renovations to the Italian restaurant Capers, Mexican restaurant Tamarindo, and Scores, the Nightclub.
- The theater, wedding terrace, Core Zone and ocean front terrace were also renovated.
- And, the Asian restaurant Spice is currently undergoing renovations that are expected to be completed October 1. Alternative dining options are being offered at Carnival restaurant with an Asian menu while Spice is being renovated.
Dreams Acapulco Resort & Spa
Family-friendly and the first Dreams Resort & Spa in Acapulco. This resort is situated on Acapulco Bay along the Pacific Ocean. This one didn’t need much:
- This Dreams resort completed enhancements to all meeting rooms, including new carpets, layouts and meeting room capacities.
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta & Spa
This Sunscape resort is located near the colonial town of Puerto Vallarta with breathtaking views of Banderas Bay. They had their grand opening on September 3rd and this reno was all about the kiddos!
- Sunscape Puerto Vallarta transformed the kid’s pool into a waterpark for families. This new 6,200 square foot water park includes waterslides, sprinklers and a splash bucket for kids ages 3-12.
Dreams Macao Beach Punta Cana
This resort is about 40-minutes from Punta Cana airport and the only family-friendly all-inclusive resort on Macao Beach. This reno was a community effort as they assisted Dreams Macao Beach Punta Cana with a beach renovation to create an environment where guests could interact with the local businesses of Macao.
- The new environment features restaurants, bars, a boardwalk, and a beach area with a walkway that guests can take to explore other areas around Macao beach.
Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino
A – B – Curaçao! One of the draws is the architecture and the colorful buildings in downtown Willemstad. A diver’s paradise – and – we love that you can step out on the beach with your snorkeling items and go right in the water and seek out colorful sea life. This reno was all about the pool at Sunscape Curaçao.
- The Main Pool and swim-up bar underwent enhancements including resurfacing the floor, new tiles, swim-up bar seating and bar top. It also received new illumination, and palm tree garden accents in the middle of the pool. All were completed in July.
So there you have it – the updates at several AMResorts in Mexico and the Caribbean. You can also review more about the CleanComplete Certification at all AMresorts here.