Few all-inclusive resorts allow totally nude sunbathing so the list is short, but includes a mix of clothing-optional resorts, au naturel resorts, and standard clothing-required resorts that have at least one clothing-optional or nude sunbathing area.
Best All Inclusive Resorts for Nude Sunbathing
- Couples Negril (Negril, Jamaica) AND
- Couples Sans Souci (Ocho Rios, Jamaica) AND
- Couples Tower Isle (Ocho Rios, Jamaica)
Each of these three Couples Resorts has a small, semi-private area exclusively for au natural (nude) sunbathing (in the case of Couples Tower Isle it’s a small private island located just off-shore with free and frequent ferry service), and both Tower Isle and Sans Souci feature some basic amenities such as restroom facilities, a bar, and a beach grill in their au natural areas. At Couples Negril their au natural beach is separated from the main beach by a hedge and has a bar but no other facilities on the nude side, so if you want to fetch a snack or use the restroom you’ll have to suit-up. Nude sunbathing is not permitted in nor around any of the resorts’ swimming pools, main beach, or other areas.It’s important to note that for all three resorts their au natural areas are for couples only – no singles allowed (basically you and your spouse must go together, or not at all), AND you must disrobe completely – it’s go nude or go home….no looky-loos!
- Desire Pearl (Riviera Maya, Mexico) AND
- Desire Resort & Spa (Puerto Morelos, Mexico)
Both Desire Resorts also made our “Editors’ Choice” list for Best Mexican Resort to go Topless, but you need to know that both are not only adults-only clothing-optional resorts, they’re also strictly for couples only — no singles allowed. Clothing IS required in restaurants, although the ‘dress code’ is very relaxed during the day, (you mostly just need your naughty bits covered, especially where you sit), the required evening wear is more elegant but in a sexy way….be sure to check the dress code before you go so you’re not caught unprepared and check out the “theme” dress-up nights, it’s a fun way to participate! Elsewhere on the resorts total nudity is not only acceptable but is actively encouraged – as with many clothing-optional resorts, guests do not appreciate the ‘looky-loos’, so don’t go if you’re not prepared to disrobe. Average age of guests (at both) is early-thirties to late-forties, with a few younger or older couples. The resorts are both very elegant and upscale, with gourmet cuisine. It could have been a fluke of timing but I found the vibe at Desire Pearl to be a tad quieter and relaxed, whereas at Desire Riviera Maya things seemed a bit more active and noisy (in a good way). I like a fun, party atmosphere, but I know a lot of others prefer less noise and activity.
- Hidden Beach (Riviera Maya, Mexico) – Hidden Beach is a smallish, but elegant nude resort that, unlike many categorized as ‘clothing-optional’, is actually all-nude, all the time…… beach, pool, restaurant, nightclub …..they even have an evening at the Spa (shared with sister-resort El Dorado Seaside Suites) that can be enjoyed nude (guests from Seaside are warned that they will likely encounter nudists at the Spa during that time). Hidden Beach is for nudists, but not lifestylers (aka ‘swingers’), and the average age of guests (at least while I was there, and I’m told it’s typical) is early-forties to late-sixties….with the occasional younger or older couple.
- Grand Lido Negril (Negril, Jamaica) – Fans of the former Grand Lido Negril (a very popular destination with the au naturel crowd) will be thrilled with this built-from-the-ground up brand new – albeit much smaller – Grand Lido Negril. This clothing-optional all-inclusive resort has a private pool with a pool bar and grill, impressively elegant rooms (26 of them, all with stunning ocean views), premium Butler Service and 24-hour room service, and includes access to the next-door resort Royalton Negril and Hideaway at Royalton Negril, where you’ll find a wide array of restaurants and bars, a full-service Spa and Fitness Center. It’s important to note that there is no beach at the new Grand Lido Negril, and please also note that while the rooms, pool, and private areas at Grand Lido Negril are clothing-optional, use of the facilities, services, and beach at Royalton Negril and Hideaway at Royalton Negril do require clothing.
- Hedonism II (Negril, Jamaica) – Even with Hedo’s wild reputation, it still has a “semi-prude” section (clothing optional, which means there may very well be nudists there too) as well as its world-famous “totally nude” section, where you can sunbathe topless or au naturel at the pool, however the beach on that side of the resort is ‘nude-required’. There are signs that tell you which side you are leaving and entering. Each section (nude and prude) has it’s own building (rooms), pool & swim-up bar. Even though there is a ‘clothing-optional’ section (where you may remain clothed), I’d advise you not to go if full-on nudity makes you uncomfortable …. although restaurants DO require diners to be clothed, it really just means ‘barely covered’, and you may see someone who is nude approach to check out the menu or inquire about seating, and occasionally denizens of the ‘nude’ side escape and run amok, particularly after a few drinks.
Important Note: Hedo II is regularly booked by Lifestyle groups who take over most of the resort — if swinging isn’t your thing, be sure to check with your travel agent before you book to avoid those weeks.
- Bonus! – while not exactly ‘resorts’, the company behind Desire Resorts also does clothing-optional cruises – Squeeee! They offer week-long, all-inclusive, excursion-filled, clothing-optional trips to exciting destinations – coming soon is the Greek Islands Cruise in September 2020, and 2021 will feature a Lisbon cruise and a Rome cruise! These cruises are on beautiful but smaller ships (not the mega 3000-passenger behemoths!) which are ideally suited for more intimate gatherings. And just like at their resorts, you’ll find designated clothing-optional areas, a private playroom, and Desire’s own signature elements such as adult-oriented entertainment, provocative theme nights, and seductive activities, along with world-class amenities and all-inclusive gourmet dining (at four all-inclusive dining venues, plus round-the-clock room service).