A ceremony to celebrate love is possible at Check PricesGrand Velas Riviera Nayarit for couples that do not want a traditional wedding.
Traditional Huichol Ritual at Check PricesGrand Velas Riviera Nayarit
- The Huichol ritual, inspired by the Native Mexicans who live in the nearby Sierra Madre Mountains, features all-white attire, musicians playing traditional songs and a Marakame (Huichol shaman priest) to lead the rite
- The couple will walk around a fire burning with copal incense, flowers and feathers to purify their souls and then join hands as one to pray for good fortune
- The ceremony concludes with the exchange of vows
If you’re looking to celebrate your commitment by giving back to the community, the resort has partnerships with several local Mexican organizations.
- Voluntourism opportunities include:
- CANICA, that provides assistance to children with cancer
- Desarrollo Integral de la Familia (DIF), a social assistance program that focuses on strengthening and developing the welfare of the Mexican families
- Centro de Atención Integral para el Adulto Mayor, which offers care for the elderly
- Casa Hogar, which provides sustenance and shelter to orphans
- UNETE, whose mission is to improve the quality and equity of education in Mexico
Best All Inclusives for Romance
Here are more ideas to celebrate your love at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit:
- Your gal pals may enjoy a girls’ hangout on the beach with a chef’s dinner and mixologist on hand for personalized drinks. Approx. $105 per person (5 person minimum)
- Perhaps yoga is desired as there’s also an option to enjoy a 45-60 minute sunrise or sunset gratitude yoga class on the beach. Private class $200 (1-10 people)
- A day at SE Spa is always a welcome respite
- The guys may enjoy a cigar rolling class for their hangout time. This package also includes an open bar, snacks and is about $80 per person (5 person minimum)
If you’re looking to keep it private with just the two of you.
A pre-ceremony fire circle – 45 to 90 minute ritual – on the beach is another unique offering at Check PricesGrand Velas Riviera Nayarit. This ritual is said to purify the soul and allow positive thoughts to enter your life. Approx. $505 per session.
Even though this is about a non-wedding event, more celebration ideas can be found at Velas Weddings and you can customize at other Velas Resorts.
[Interview] What’s Spa and Wellness like at Grand Velas Riviera Maya?
How to Have Great Sex on Vacation