This is pretty big news for the industry!
Diving deeper into the all-inclusive market, Marriott adds Blue Diamond Resorts’ all-inclusive Royalton, Hideaway, Grand Lido, and Planet Hollywood brands, and Bonvoy Members will likely be updating their bucket list!
The hotel industry is cha-cha-changing!
This agreement aligns the fastest growing hotel company in the Caribbean with the world’s largest hotel chain. Marriott’s Autograph Collection brand features a curated selection of some of the world’s top hotels and resorts, strengthening award-winning Blue Diamond Resorts brand while maintaining the consistent high level of service that guests are accustomed to.
By the way, Marriott jumped into the all-inclusive market back in August 2019 and has 9 open hotels across Costa Rica, Barbados and Mexico. There are 5 hotels in its pipeline in Mexico, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Brazil.
But, this agreement gives them another 19 for their all-inclusive portfolio.
“We are thrilled to join forces with Marriott International and introduce our portfolio of world-class resorts, including Royalton and Planet Hollywood, to their Autograph Collection,” said Stephen Hunter, CEO, Sunwing Travel Group. “Marriott’s prestigious reputation and esteemed travel program will further elevate our award-winning hotels, while supporting Marriott’s expansion into the all inclusive category, allowing us to make even more travellers’ vacation dreams come true.”
What does this agreement mean for travelers?
Well, the addition of 19 luxury Caribbean all-inclusive resorts is sure to please the over 145 million global members of Marriott’s Bonvoy loyalty program, as they’ll be able to earn and redeem points on all inclusive vacation experiences. There’s so much to love about that!
“Blue Diamond’s expertise in the all-inclusive segment and high-quality resorts will help ensure that these properties serve as excellent additions to the Marriott portfolio,” said Tony Capuano, Group President, Global Development, Design and Operations Services, Marriott International.
This new agreement includes the following resorts, which are to convert to the Autograph Collection:
- Check PricesRoyalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
- Check PricesHideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun
- (Newly opened) Check PricesPlanet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun
- (Newly opened) Check PricesPlanet Hollywood Adult Scene Cancun
- Check PricesRoyalton CHIC Suites Cancun Resort & Spa
In the Dominican Republic
- Check PricesRoyalton Bavaro Resort & Spa
- Check PricesRoyalton Splash Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- Check PricesRoyalton CHIC Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- Check PricesRoyalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino
- Check PricesHideaway at Royalton Punta Cana
- Check PricesRoyalton Negril Resort & Spa
- Check PricesHideaway at Royalton Negril
- Check PricesGrand Lido Negril Au-Naturel All-Suites Resort
- Check PricesRoyalton White Sands Montego Bay
- Check PricesRoyalton Blue Waters Montego Bay
In Saint Lucia
- Check PricesRoyalton Saint Lucia Resort & Spa
- Check PricesHideaway at Royalton Saint Lucia
And two more – Check PricesPlanet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica and Check PricesRoyalton Antigua Resort & Spa.
Marriott International previously announced leveraging eight of its 30 global iconic brands in the all-inclusive category including The Ritz-Carlton, The Luxury Collection, Marriott Hotels, Westin Hotels, W Hotels, Autograph Collection, Tribute Portfolio and Delta Hotels. We can’t wait to hear more about these brands and their all-inclusive expansion.
In addition to this news, the Bonvoy loyalty program app has also been updated and includes new options like tours and activities. It also has more customization to minimize contact and better maintain social distancing. If you’re a frequent user you’ll find that the FaceID and TouchID automatically engages after the first login.
[Interview] Planet Hollywood Cancun Now Opening January 29th
Marriott Jumps Into Curacao and Jamaica
Upgrade Your Office with Royalton Resorts in Cancun, Negril, and Punta Cana