Community

Join the #1 online community of all-inclusive resort enthusiasts today, where you can connect with both experts and travelers alike and get answers to all of your all-inclusive questions quickly.
A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Print sp_TopicIcon
Heated pools?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
August 16, 2016
10:24 am
Shelly

I'm more of a pool person rather than a beach lover. Are the pools heated and is the pool side service really great?

December 9, 2016
9:37 pm
Forum Posts: 20
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Shelly,

Great question because many people just assume that all the pools are heated. 

Here's what you can expect.

Some pools are heated year round.  Some pools are heated part of the year.  Some pools are never heated but at the same resort there may be some that are kept warm.  The unheated pools are some locations are normally warm enough from the sunshine for most guests to enjoy.

Most resorts have outdoor hot tubs located at the edge or near pools.

Remember that some all inclusive resorts offer a resort within a resort.   That special class of service may come with a private pool that is heated.

Poolside Service.

This can range from "pretty good" to "amazing".   It will depend on the resort and the staff.   Most resorts will bring you beverages to included beer and mixed drinks.   At most resort pools you will be able to order snacks as well.  Some poolside service will deliver sandwiches and other grilled items.

There are little touches that can make your experience comfortable.  An offer to bring sunscreen, a magazine, extra towels or even a soothing eucalyptus spray mist. 

The resort pictures of their pools are stunning.   My best advice is to call or email your resort finalist to confirm the exact number of pools on the property that will be open during your stay, how many are heated and what are the rules regarding pool chair/lounger reservations.

Head's up.  At some resorts people stop by the pool in the early hours to lay towels on loungers to "save" them and then do not return for hours.  Other resorts do not allow that practice.   That's why you want to check the resort rules.

Enjoy the water and don't skip the swim-up bars Wink

December 12, 2016
8:39 am
Shelly

I just returned from an all-inclusive resort in Mexico. I too am a pool person and had a wonderful experience. The pool was heated and very comfortable. The service excellence.