Community

Join the #1 online community of all-inclusive resort enthusiasts today, where you can connect with both experts and travelers alike and get answers to all of your all-inclusive questions quickly.
A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Print sp_TopicIcon
Shopping
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
August 30, 2016
10:49 am
Lois

How is the shopping at most of the all inclusive resorts? Could I find clothing and gift items or would I need to take a trip into a local town?

November 25, 2016
10:44 pm
Forum Posts: 20
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi Lois

Some gift shops located on all inclusive resort properties are more extensive than others. The good news is that many resorts are located right next to a variety of shopping choices.

You can get a terrific $25 Mexican blanket at Karisma’s El Dorado Royale or you can find wonderful bargains on designer clothes from Vera Wang to Versace, terrific jewelry, luxury Rolex watches and more duty-free items in St. Martin, St. Thomas and Curacao.

Huichol art with native beading is a specialty in Puerto Vallarta. If your resort is in Los Cabos think about hand blown glass and ceramic craft items.
You can keep things spicy back home by bringing back some hot sauce from Cancun or tequila from Ixtapa.

Bartering is popular with Punta Cana beach vendors. It’s expected especially if you are paying cash. Your discount could be as much as 40%. The Dominican Republic has so many great resorts and all of them will give you free rides to the open air shopping centers that have multiple shops. Lots of unique gifts of silver, hand made souvenirs, ceramics, rum and hand rolled cigars.

Plaza Bavaro, Galerias El Pirata, and Plaza Bibijagua are popular shopping stops for visitors. Two of the biggest shopping experiences are Palma Real Shopping Village and San Juan Shopping Center.

Many visitors say the most colorful and fun shopping is found at Caribbean Street with its bright shops, palm trees lining the street and the genuine Caribbean vibe.

No matter where you stay if the resort gift shop does not have what you're looking for then the front staff at your resort will be able to recommend the best places to shop on your vacation.

Have fun!

December 4, 2016
9:34 am
lois

Such great information. I'm making my list. I will be staying at an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta and the idea of Huichol art with the native beading sounds interesting. Thanks again.