Wondering about the latest COVID testing and requirements for the Caribbean (and Mexico)?
COVID testing and other entry requirements have been updated for several islands and mostly due to the Delta variant.
Travel data continues to change so be sure to get the latest updates from the Caribbean island you’re traveling to, your all-inclusive resort, and your airline.
- You’re required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test) taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas. *Older than 3 days – no entry.
- You are required to upload negative COVID-19 test results (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR Test) in addition to valid proof of vaccination confirming you have passed the two-week immunity period (such as CDC or government issued vaccine record card).
Unvaccinated Travelers – Ages 12 and older:
- You must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR Test (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA or RNA) test taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival.
- You must upload your negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test results. Tests must be taken up to three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival. (Older than 3 days = no entry.)
- Children ages 2-11 will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test) taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 11 are required to upload their negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test or COVID-19 RT-PCR test results. Tests must be taken up to three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival.
- Children under the age of 2 are exempt from any testing requirements
Bahamas Travel Health Visa Application is still required for all visitors entering The Bahamas.
It’s also important to note that all visitors (18 and older) will be required to opt in to the COVID-19 health insurance that covers them for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas, up to one (1) month. The cost of insurance is included in the Bahamas Travel Health Visa Application fee.
Visitors 17 years and younger are to add a profile within the account of their parent or guardian and complete an individual Bahamas Travel Health Visa application.
Note: A Travel Health Visa is no longer required for inter-island travel within The Bahamas.
Be sure to review the latest travel updates for The Bahamas.
Antigua and Barbuda
Requirements have recently been updated:
- Arriving passengers are not required to present verifiable documentation of full vaccination to be permitted entry into Antigua and Barbuda.
- Full vaccinated arriving passengers are not required to present a PCR/Rapid Antigen Test negative result to be permitted entry.*
*unless they show symptoms of possible infection.
- Partially/Unvaccinated passengers with no COVID 19 symptoms are permitted entry provided they:
- Present a negative certified PCR result taken no more than three (3) days or Rapid Antigen Test taken no more than 24 hours prior to arrival in Antigua and Barbuda
- Submit to a RT-PCR test on arrival at your own expense
- Quarantine for ten (10) days if partially vaccinated
- Either received 1 dose of a 2-dose vaccine OR the 2nd dose of a 2-dose vaccine was received less than two weeks prior to arrival
- Fully vaccinated passengers may be required to submit to a RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 upon arrival at their own expense.
Review the full announcement and stay up to date with the latest Travel Advisory for Antigua and Barbuda
COVID cases have been fairly low for Curacao and they’re determined to keep it that way. Updates for entry were recently made and the Government also updated its requirements based on risk factors from various countries, including the U.S.
These entry requirements apply to all visitors:
- You must carry a printed or digital document of proof of the mandatory steps at all times during your travel
- If you test positive for Covid-19 while in Curacao, you will be required to go into isolation at your accommodation in Curacao – at your own expense
- Check to see if your travel insurance offers sufficient coverage for medical care abroad and any additional costs related to COVID-19.
- Please note that if you have to be quarantined or become ill during your stay and for example incur additional accommodation costs, these costs are for your own account if you are not sufficiently insured
- If you’ve been in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to arrival – you will be placed in mandatory isolation
And there are no exemptions, at this time, for fully vaccinated travelers.
Since the United States is still considered ‘high risk’ there are other mandatory steps for Curacao:
- Complete the digital immigration card online before departure
- Digitally fill out the Passenger Locator Card 48 hours prior to your departure and carry a printed document of proof with you.
- A Passenger Locator Card is mandatory for all travelers and includes country of departure, personal, travel and medical information
- You’ll need to show a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR-test taken at most 48 hours before your flight to Curaçao with digital proof
- Children under the age of 12 who don’t show COVID-19 symptoms are not required to undergo a PCR-test.
Be sure to review the latest Curacao Travel Requirements.
UPDATE – Grenada
Grenada currently accepts fully vaccinated visitors only.
- No Covid-19 testing required
- No vaccination required
- No Health Declaration Form Required
- No quarantine on arrival required
Review the latest Travel Updates on PureGrenada
Royalton Grenada is Open!
This latest update is good news for travelers to Jamaica. According to Visit Jamaica: The Travel Authorization and travel related quarantine measures will no longer be required from March 1, 2022.
Pre-testing for Jamaica travel expires April 15! The requirement to present a negative covid test and to wear a mask will expire on April 15, according to the office of the Prime Minister of Jamaica.
Stay up to date at Visit Jamaica
These measures were just updated:
- Fully vaccinated travelers and in-transit passengers aged 5 and over must have a negative rapid Covid-19 antigen test or a Rapid COVID-19 PCR test taken one day prior to entering Saint Lucia. Travelers may also provide a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test taken up to five days prior to arrival
- All unvaccinated travelers must present a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test, taken up to five days prior to entering Saint Lucia
- All travelers must register their information and upload test results online prior to travel with St. Lucia.
- On completion, visitors will receive an automatic ‘ready to go’ email.
Be sure to review the latest about Covid-19 at St. Lucia Tourism
Turks and Caicos
This new update is effective May 1, 2022:
- A negative COVID-19 test and insurance will no longer be required.
- Travel authorization via the TCI Assured portal will no longer be required.
- Face masks will no longer be required.
- All visitors aged 18 and over must still be fully-vaccinated to enter the Turks and Caicos.
Stay up to date with Turks and Caicos Travel Requirements
Tips: Consider purchasing Check Pricestravel insurance, stay up to date with the CDC and travel advisories for the Caribbean island you’re considering, and connect with a travel advisor to plan your tropical vacation because COVID Testing for the Caribbean continues to change.
Mexico has been fully open to tourists and visitors do not need to provide a negative PCR test or quarantine on arrival.
There are some to-do items to review before you travel:
- Complete the Mexican Immigration Form (tourist card) online and print this out prior to travel to bring along with you
- Use the name of your resort in the address field – you do not need to put the entire address
- When you arrive to the resort, schedule your Covid test (for your return flight home to the U.S.)
Returning to the U.S.:
- All travelers arriving to the United States will be required to present documentation of a negative COVID-19 test within one day of their departure date, regardless of nationality or vaccination status
- Get the VeriFLY app to upload your results in this app, and check with your airline to see which app they accept
- Up to 12 hours prior to departing Mexico, you must fill out the Health Questionnaire Pre-Flight online or you can use the Vuelas Seguro app and present the resulting QR code to pass through airport security (one per passenger)
Stay up to date regarding travel to Mexico with the latest from the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Mexico
Things are changing and we’ll continue to see more updates regarding COVID testing for the Caribbean, PCR tests, and quarantine requirements.
Bookmark this page as we’ll update this as needed.